Sharon Osbourne has to spend the next week in quarantine after her daughter’s 3-year-old child came down with the coronavirus, Page Six revealed earlier today. The 67-year-old said she was really looking forward to being in the studio because she was “meant” for it.
Via Skype for the season premiere of The Talk on Monday, Sharon explained that one of her granddaughters had contracted COVID-19. Osbourne went on to reveal that Minnie, her granddaughter, is doing just fine and no one else has tested positive for the virus since.
Osbourne says her granddaughter contracted the virus from someone who works with her son, and it goes to show that even children can become afflicted with COVID-19. Osbourne has tested negative for the virus but she still has another week of quarantine.
Sharon went on to say via the Skype call that she has tested negative repeatedly, but it’s best for her to continue quarantining to avoid any problems. Sharon’s son, Jack, has Minnie and two other daughters with his ex-wife, Lisa Stelly.
These days, however, Jack is dating Aree Gearheart, who went with the Osbournes on vacation back in August. As most know, this wouldn’t be the first time a celebrity came down with the coronavirus.
When the pandemic first started making its way through the United States earlier in the year, Tom Hanks and his wife, Rita Wilson, were down in Australia filming a new movie. Tom was the first to celebrity to admit to catching it.
On his Instagram at the time, he and Rita claimed they had caught the virus and had to spend the following 14 days in quarantine in an Australian hospital. After Tom and his wife revealed their positive diagnosis, other celebrities came out to admit to their diagnosis as well, including Idris Elba, Colton Underwood, Rachel Matthews, and more.
Even Kevin Hart caught coronavirus back in March, but he later said he didn’t reveal it because Tom Hanks is “way more famous” than him so he didn’t even bother. The comedian told his story during a stand-up performance.